Masterclass: Quantum Communication and Computation with Continuous Variables
Subject area Information and Communication Technologies are essential to modern society as the internet is pervading all aspects of our lives. Quantum mechancis imposes a fundamental limit to the communication rates, whose determination is a pivotal challenge. Given the amount of sensitive information sent through the internet, secure communications are essential to our society.
This masterclass will be of high interest for students and early career researchers interested in quantum communication and continuous variable platforms, both from a mathematical and from a physical perspective.
- Vittorio Giovannetti, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa
- Alexander Holevo, Steklow Mathematical Institute, Moscow
- Seth Lloyd, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Robert König, Institute for Advanced Study & Zentrum Mathematik, Technische Universität München
- Giacomo De Palma, QMATH, University of Copenhagen